Note: This is a serious exercise, so only significant characters from the live-action films were eligible—no Clone Wars-only characters, no obscure extras, no non-speaking Jedi created purely to sell toys. I debated with myself whether to include Rogue One, but after trying to do this without it, I realized that I am not naturally a hateful person, and I would not have been able to name 10 characters I despised from only the saga films.
Also, the order is from "No. 1 Most Hated" to "No. 10 Least Hated of the Most Hated." I'm not gonna drag out the suspense. Starting from the top:
- Poe Dameron
- Cassian Andor (the Rebel captain from Rogue One)
- Chirrut Îmwe (the blind Donnie Yen guy from Rogue One)
- Maz Kanata
- DJ (the stuttering Benicio Del Toro from The Last Jedi)
- Young Anakin (Jake Lloyd version)
- Bodhi Rook (the pilot with the aviator goggles from Rogue One)
- Bail Organa
- Vice Admiral Holdo
- Chancellor Valorum
This is a living list. It is subject to change as new movies come out, or as my mood changes. Snoke contended for that last spot, but I realized that it was not so much the character I hated as it was the way he was handled.